The Palinggat homestead in Langenhoven Street, now the ‘home’ of the Archaelogical Museum and the Stilbaai Tourism Bureau, was built in 1809 and was declared a national monument in 1985. Take a walk through the museum that includes the Blombos Museum of Archaeology, feed the eels and visit the shop filled with lots of local goods, crafts and gifts and have some tea on the ‘stoep’ or under the milk wood trees.
The little Platbosch School Museum section will take many a visitor back to their own school days and the history of schools in the area can be viewed here.
Walk around the building to view the ‘funeral wagon’ that was used between 1880 and 1920 in the Riversdale / Albertinia district.
Enjoy tea, coffee and awesome cakes as well as light meals at the Thyme to Relish Restaurant on the premises.
The Info Centre and Tourism Bureau is a must-stop for Stilbaai visitors AND local residents.
Contact Stilbaai Tourism for more information. Tel: (028) 754 2606