2019 KASSELSHOOP FARM RUN / WALK
The Kasselshoop Farm Run / Walk ‘Trail Run Series’ will again take place at the farm Klein Soebattersvlakte where Kasselshoop cheese is being produced. This is a FUN trail run / walk series perfect for the whole family – runners can run, walkers can do it at their own pace and even those with small kids can take their time enjoying a morning on the farm!
How the Kasselshoop Farm Run / Walk works:
- How to enter:
- Enter at the event at Kasselshoop OR
- Enter online before the event (Online Entry Below)
- Please enter each participant individually (close the page and open it again to make a second entry)
- The route:
- The route is between 5 and 6km on the farm
- It is a marked route and mostly on existing tracks made by cattle or vehicles
- The terrain consists mostly of hard-packed sections, veld and some sandy parts
- Who can participate:
- Everyone! Young and old, runners, joggers, walkers.
- It will be ‘running-friendly’ for those who want to tackle it as a trail run.
- It will be gentle enough for older or younger participants or the less fit or those who would like to take it easy and experience the beauty of nature…
- The routes are not really stroller / pram-friendly, but talk to us if you would like to attempt it
- Sorry, NO PETS!
- There are no waterpoints on the route. There will be water / cold drink at the finish.
- Entry fee:
- R50 per adult
- R30 for kids under 14 years
- All finishers will receive a medal
- (Medals for events from February to November)
- Stay and enjoy!
- Stay after the event for lovely snacks, cheese, drinks (good coffee, great wines, juice) and relax at Kasselshoop’s Old School Tasting Room – it is quite an experience!
- A weekend (2 nights) for 6 people at the A Farm Story Country House on the farm Klein Soebattersvlakte (at Kasselshoop) for the person who participates in all the events from February to November. (*Terms and Conditions Apply)
- The person who ‘improved’ the most during the 2019 Kasselshoop Farm Run Series, will be invited to a free visit and tasting at Kasselshoop Cheese for 4 people. (*Terms and Conditions Apply)
- 23 Feb – RESULTS
- 23 March – RESULTS
- 30 March – RESULTS
- 20 April – RESULTS
- 1 June – RESULTS
- 29 June (starts at 9:00)
- 27 July (starts at 9:00)
- 31 August (starts at 9:00)
- 28 Sept (starts at 8:00) – School Holiday!
- 26 October (starts at 8:00)
- 30 November (starts at 8:00)
DECEMBER HOLIDAY DATES
- Sat. 7 Dec (starts at 8:00)
- Sat. 14 Dec (starts at 8:00)
- Sat. 21 Dec (starts at 8:00)
- Sat. 28 Dec (starts at 8:00)
- Sat. 4 Jan 2020 (starts at 8:00)
Where is Kasselshoop Cheese?
If you have any questions or require more information, feel free to contact us:
- Event Organiser
- Elza Thiart-Botes
- Tel: 082 458 8517 (also WhatsApp)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Kasselshoop Cheese
- Tel: 074 819 4659
- Hours: 10:00 to 15:00
- Bookings for tastings required
- No cash, just cards.
- Kasselshoop Cheese on Facebook
Like and follow us on Facebook: Kasselshoop Farm Run / Walk
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
* Terms and Conditions for Year-End Prizes