The Hessequa Heritage Festival is taking place for the third consecutive year in Stilbaai and this year it will be on Saturday, 21 September 2019.
The festival includes the following:
– The Hessequa Heritage Trail Run: a 16km Trail Run from Jongensfontein along the coast to Stilbaai
– The short and scenic 5km Mini Trail that also finishes at Stilbaai Tourism Bureau
– Brood- en beskuitfees by Stilbaai Tourism Bureau where both trail runs will finish.
HESSEQUA HERITAGE TRAIL RUN (16KM)
The Hessequa area and Stilbaai specifically has many interesting heritage and historical sites and there is no better way than to celebrate Heritage Day than to participate in the Hessequa Heritage Trail Run where you will pass a few very interesting places.
This 16km Trail Run starts in Jongensfontein – there are (one-way) shuttles from Stilbaai to Jongensfontein – and takes runners along the beautiful coast line and past various historical places – like ancient fish traps at Skulpiesbaai; the shell middens (close by); the ‘Wafra’ tok (the fishing boat with a sad story – look out for it at the NSRI building at the harbour); various monuments as well as some of the oldest beach houses – along a marked route to Stilbaai where it finishes at the Stilbaai Tourism Bureau situated in the Palinggat Homestead that is also part of Stilbaai’s history.
Find more information as well as the online entry form HERE
HESSEQUA HERITAGE MINI TRAIL RUN (5KM)
The Mini Trail is perfect for the not-so-fit or the not-so-brave and is only 5km in distance. Runners and walkers start at Skulpiesbaai (the gravel parking area close to the fish traps) and follow the same scenic (marked) route of the 16km Trail Run to also finish at the Tourism Bureau. This route is beautiful and not too difficult although it includes something of everything and the fun at the finish, will be worth it!
Find more information and an online entry form HERE
BROOD- EN BESKUITFEES
To continue the ‘heritage’ festivities, the Stilbaai ‘Brood- en beskuitfees’ takes place at the Tourism Bureau where both Trail Runs will finish. Here you will find a variety of freshly baked breads, rusks, jams, food, coffees and drinks for sale as well as various stalls with interesting goodies.
Live music, fun for the kids and a festive atmosphere will form part of this relaxing day on the lawns under the huge milkwood trees.
If you would like to apply for a stall / stand, please contact Annerise Wolmarans at the Stilbaai Tourism Bureau – Tel: (028) 754-2602 / E-mail: email@example.com
- Application form for a stall / stand: Brood-en-Beskuitfees-Aansoekvorm.xlsx
- General information and Trail Runs: Elza Thiart-Botes (Tel: 082 458 8517) / Adolf Botes (Tel: 082 337 6286)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stalls and Brood- en beskuitfees: Annerise Wolmarans (Tel: 028 754-2602)
- Facebook page: Hessequa Heritage Festival / Twitter: @HessequaFees
The 2019 Hessequa Heritage Festival is made possible by:
Explorer’s Garden Route (Hessequa Municipality)