The 16th annual Vintners Surf Classic, presented by Reef SA, took place on Friday (12 Aug) at the sandy beach section in Jongensfontein and it was once again a great event.
Almost 70 invited vintners, marketers and surfers involved in the wine making industry, enjoyed a perfect day with their families at the beach. This event has been taking place in either Stilbaai or Jongensfontein for more than a decade now and those attending, enjoy sharing the surf as well as some chatter about their industry. This is quite a unique South African surf event.
The Hessequa area was represented by Baleia Wines’ winemaker, Abraham de Klerk. Their vineyards are in the Vermaaklikheid area while the cellars and winery are just outside Riversdale next to the N2.
1. Christo le Riche (Le Riche Estate)
2. Chris Boustred (Remhoogte)
3. Jan Jan Solms (De Kleine Wijn)
4. Sarah Havard (Jean Daneel Wines)
1. Gunter Schultz (Tamboerskloof)
2. Pieter Walser (Blank Bottle Winery)
3. JT van der Westhuizen (Klein Roosboom)
4. Brad Gold (Oak Valley)
1. Bevan Johnson (Newton Johnson Vineyards)
2. Anthony de Jager (Fairview)
3. Rudi Schultz (Thelema Mountain Vineyards)
4. Miles Mossop (Miles Mossop Wines)
(For more news and photos, visit www.vintners.co.za)End